Sunday, August 15, 2010

I Was a Teenage Thetan from Outer Space by Jeff Carter


Seventy-five trillion years ago
before my voice dropped
and I began shaving
I was a Thetan.

And so were you.

You don’t remember me now, but
we were in love, as only Thetans
from the Teegeeack sector of the galaxy
could be. It was a love for the ages.

We lived together as clams in a briny sea;
my jaw hinge still aches to think of you there
beneath the waves of those primordial waters.

Later we held hands in those final moments
before Lord Xenu detonated the volcano
and blew us to incorporeal existence.

I dream of you often.
I am hoping to go clear.

Author bio:

Jeff Carter is the pastor at a smallish church in southern Minnesota. He is a husband, a father, and a painter.
He likes old monster movies and his hair is probably too long. His blog can be read at: That Jeff Carter Was Here.

No comments: