Sunday, February 14, 2010

Two poems by David Mac


Two poems
by David Mac

Sit

I hate smiling sofa advertisers
In suits and open-armed
Trying to sell me a seat
In heaven

Hey!
I was hiding under the cushions all along

If I need to sit down
I’ll use the earth

+++++++++++++++++++++

Naked and Bare

Put your face away in the drawer
Hang your skin up on the door
Wipe yourself at the end of the night
Wipe yourself clean again, pure
To wake up bare immaculate once more

I am naked too
In this Eden beside you

Author bio:

David Mac’s work has appeared in Ambit, Mud Luscious, This Zine Will Change Your Life, Ink Sweat & Tears, a few poetry collections by United Press, soon in Erbacce, Neon Highway and Urban District Writer, and regularly in Monkey Kettle and Clockwise Cat. He moves at incredibly high speeds and some say can actually bend the light.

No comments: