Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ah Bottle (Fiction) by David Mac


Ah Bottle
by David Mac

Ah bottle, where you taking me? Where you been all my life, bottle? No, don’t you answer, just you sit there.

You are beautiful, bottle. Don’t say nothing, just gleam to me. Just curve your good glass neck in the passenger seat beside me.

‘When I get yer home… Ooh, I’m gonna do this to you!’

Don’t look at me like that.

‘What? You know what!’

Ah, I don’t know what you mean; your talk is all fucked up. Don’t be so coy, bottle. Hey, don’t be that way. You know I love you, huh?

Oh, bottle, come with me, come back to mine. We’ll be good together; we’ll be happy. You’ll see. And I’ll treat you good, baby, I will; you know I will, darling. Have I ever lied to you?

When I get you back, shit! When I get you home, I’m gonna get your top off. With my teeth. I’m gonna screw it off yer.

Gonna put my lips to your neck, feel your smooth, curvaceous, hard body in my hands. Gonna kiss you empty, gonna suck you clean. Gonna taste you, gonna pour you back into me, feel you go down. Gonna glug! swig! sip! nip! your scent and smoky taste burn my brain out, stop my heartbeat.

Oh no! Damn! Ooh! Uh! You sexy fucking bottle!

Numb me, mama! Pour yourself over me, darling! I want you to make me crazy. Want you to make me a fool on this earth. I never had no one till I had you, bottle; you know that?

Yeh, I’ll drink you up. I might go strange. I might go a little nuts! I might go say something stupid!

But, oh bottle, you’ll forgive me, huh? You know I don’t mean it, right? Say you’ll forgive me. Please say you’ll forgive me.
‘Whassat, bottle?’

Course I love you. You know I do. You know I love you, don’t you. Yeah, that’s right. Yes I do.

‘And whassat?’

You love me too?

I know you do.

Hey, come on. Let’s get you back now…

Author bio:


David Mac’s work has appeared in Ambit, Mud Luscious, This Zine Will Change Your Life, Ink Sweat & Tears, a few poetry collections by United Press, soon in Erbacce, Neon Highway and Urban District Writer, and regularly in Monkey Kettle and Clockwise Cat. He moves at incredibly high speeds and some say can actually bend the light.

No comments: