Monday, November 2, 2009

The Hint of the Finite Presaging a Disquieting Infinity by Edwin L. Young


The Hint of the Finite Presaging a Disquieting Infinity
by Edwin L. Young, PhD

I stood at the edge of an ocean and viewed a finite hint of an infinite horizon. I stood atop a tall mountain and gazed up while glimpsing a finite hint of the infinite.

All around me, my eyes could not escape the finite craggy and weathered marks hinting at earth’s indiscernibly infinite future.

I watched where I stepped, endlessly trying to avoid crushing one after another bizarre, carboniferous, progenitive creature, yet hoping I was seeing just a finite hint of infinite promise.

I looked steadily into the eyes of a human and gasped in both awe and fear at the hint of a finite presaging infinite possibility.

Author bio:

Edwin is a 76 year old, retired, psychotherapist/institution reformer. His greatest satisfaction came from reforming many juvenile correctional institutions, a maximum security prison, a West Texas mental hospital, and the huge Job Corps in San Marcos, Texas. All in all there were thirteen institutions that he successfully reformed. In the last year of his PhD program, Edwin was one of the two PhD graduate students to be awarded the annual University Research Institute grant. His dissertation committee said his was the longest, best, and most complex in the history of the department. Since retiring, Edwin spends his time writing. His site is: The Natural Systems Institute.

No comments: