Saturday, June 7, 2014

Two poems by Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal




BITTER MOON


I don’t weep

enough

for life’s
losses.
I wake up
at dawn
broken
and blue.


The bitter
moon shines
and smiles
at me.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&


FEEL LIKE THIS


I never meant to feel like this.

Life is full of promises like
broken teeth.  I never meant
to fall for you.  Still your
imprints are deep inside me.
No one can tell me to be
careful.  I am sober all day
long.  Still I cannot sleep.
There is nothing I could do,
but stare at the stars.  They
are dying and their light is
dead.  I never meant to feel
this way.  I hear the sound of
trucks at night driving to far
off destinations and I want
to go too.  You make it hard
to live.  There is a scar in
my heart.  I feel blue.  There
is no chemistry here.  My
broken teeth are bleeding.
The world is spinning around
like letters in a vacuum.
I don’t want to sweat things.
I feel too cold to stay around.

Author bio: 

Luis works in the mental health field.  His latest poems have appeared or are forthcoming in Camel Saloon, Dead Snakes, Mung Being, Yellow Mama, and Zygote in My Coffee. 




 

No comments: