Sunday, January 13, 2013

When You Shoot Unicorns by James Babbs




when you shoot unicorns

they bleed rainbows

I just saw it in a music video

while flipping through the channels

the unicorns wore suits and

they were gathering together

at some kind of a party

a big house with a fireplace and

the blonde singer was attractive

I found her young and pretty

and I really liked the way

she moved her head

the second week of January and

it’s cold outside

the wind keeps blowing and

I’m on the couch

trying to keep my feet warm

every now and then

I take a look out the window

I know I’m old and

almost out of time      

Author bits:

James Babbs has published hundreds of poems over the last several years in print journals and online. Recent poems have appeared or are forthcoming at Camel Saloon, Citizens For Decent Literature and Red Fez. His new full-length collection, Disturbing the Light, is coming soon from Interior Noise Press.






No comments: