Monday, November 18, 2013

With All Due Respect [for Kali] By D.S. West



You know I've loved you
madam maddest.

Your manifold aspects
emptied my coffers,
laughed at my genitals,
turned me against my
in godly glorious
immolation.

I came back and again,
again for you, so
with due respect,
can I have your blessing for
a Venus next time?

You who love most savagely
& know my me completely…
as when I emerged
from your blissful,
blissless tapasia.

Love is unclean
under tight restrictions.
With your permission
I’d ask around,
see what the streets
have to sing about

a love minus destruction,
ended by loss…
a kinder energy’s
darling divine.

Let me roam, my
most beautiful:
destruction!
loss will sew
plenty.

Author bio: 

D.S. West is an artist, writer, and armchair mystic from Longmont, CO. West's work has appeared in Crack the Spine, From the Depths, and the Deep Cuts: Mayhem, Menace, & Misery horror anthology.


No comments: