Monday, May 17, 2010

Bedtime Routine by G.O. Clark


Bedtime Routine
by G.O. Clark

Each night before sleep,
I fluff up the dreams inside
my pillows,

set the alarm clock
to startle me out of another
night's disembodiment,

and roll the cat up
into a furry ball, that will vibrate
at the base of my spine

until all my quarters are
used up, and the posture of another
day takes its place.

Author bio:

G. O. Clark's work has been published in Asimov's Science Fiction, Talebones Magazine, Strange Horizons, Cinema Spec: Tales of Hollywood and Fantasy, The Rhysling Anthology, and many other publications. He's the author of eight poetry collections, two most recent being, "Strange Vegetables", Dark Regions Press, and, "Mortician's Tea", Samsdot Publ. He won the Asimov's Readers Award for poetry in 2001, and has been nominated twice for the Stoker Award. He retired from the University of California, Davis in 2008, where he worked in the library for many years. G.O. Clark,

No comments: