Friday, September 19, 2008

Five poems by Duane Locke


Five poems
by Duane Locke

YANG CHU'S POEMS 492

Writing free verse
Is liking
Playing tennis
On a volleyball court.

++++++++++++++++

YANG CHU'S POEMS 493

The main qualification
For making it new
Is to be ignorant
Of what is old.

====================

YANG CHU'S POEMS 494

All I cloud find
Of my dead mother's

Possessions

Was hidden under
A sheet of paper

That covered
The bottom

Of an empty drawer--

Her picture
With the man

Who was holding her hand
Torn away.

--------------------

YANG CHU'S POEMS 495

Beth,

I'm way out in the country,
Rapturous
With my solitude
And philosophic books,

I am also car-less,
But I will walk the twenty-five miles
Into the hated city
To see and touch you.

*********************

YANG CHU'S POEMS 496

I'm a person
Of fixed habits
That have been habits
For a long time.
I got rid of being controlled
By my ego and thoughts years ago.
My life-style
Has made me very happy,

But Beth,
A mere touch of yours
Could destroy the past
That formed
My present.

Author bio:

Duane Locke lives in rural Lakeland, Florida a few feet from osprey nests. He has a Ph. D. in Metaphysical Poetry. As of January 2008, Duane has had 5,935 poems published in print magazines and e zines. In addition, Duane has had 17 print and e books published. Duane is also a painter and photographer. His paintings have appeared in many exhibitions, winning a number of awards, and they are in permanent collections of museums. A discussion of his paintings appears in Gary Monroe's Extraordinary Interpretations (U of FL press). And, finally, Duane has had 209 photos published in e zines and magazines, some of which have been used for book and magazine covers. Once, Duane was ranked by the PSA as one of the top twenty nature photographers in the United States.

No comments: