Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Two poems by Michael Lee Johnson


Two poems
by Michael Lee Johnson


Berenika

Do what I tell you to do

your face is like flour dough

your nose like a slant directionally

unknown like an adverb--

tossed into space.

Your hat is like an angel

wedding gown draped

over vodka body

like a Christ shield

protecting you in innocence.

It is here I kiss your lips as a total stranger;

bring myself closely to your eyes;

camp out on your narrow lips

and wait for the morning

before I slide like a sled

deep snow, away.

---------------------

Twist My Words

I see the spring dance all over your face in green

you were arrogant before you viewed my willow tree

outside my balcony.

Now you wave at me

with green fingers

and lime smiles.

You twist my words,

Harvard collegiate style,

right where you want them to be-

lime green, willow tree, and

dark skinned branches.

Author bio:

Michael Lee Johnson is a poet and freelance writer. He is self-employed in advertising. He is the author of The Lost American: From Exile to Freedom (http://www.iuniverse.com/bookstore/book_detail.asp?isbn=0-595-46091-7). He has also published two chapbooks of poetry, and is nominated for the James B. Baker Award in poetry, Sam's Dot Publishing. Michael is a contributor in the Silver Boomers poetry anthology about aging baby boomers, by Silver Boomer Books. He lived in Canada during the Vietnam era and will be published as a contributor poet in the anthology Crossing Lines: Poets Who Came to Canada in the Vietnam War Era publication, scheduled for early 2008. Michael is now the publisher, editor of Poetic Legacy; Birds By My Window: Willow Tree Poems; A Tender Touch & A Shade of Blue'; and Wizards Of The Wind. All publications are now open for submissions. Visit his website at: Poetry Man.

No comments: