Saturday, January 13, 2007

One non-themed poem by Michael Lee Johnson


Twist My Words

I see the spring dance all over your face in green
you were arrogant before you viewed my willow tree
outside my balcony.
Now you wave at me
with green fingers
and lime smiles.
You twist my words,
Harvard collegiate style,
right where you want them to be--
lime green, willow tree, and
dark skinned branches.

Author bio:

Michael Lee Johnson lives in Itasca, IL. after spending 10 years in Edmonton, Alberta Canada during the Vietnam War era. He is a freelance writer, and poet. He has been published in the USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Scotland, Turkey, Fuji, Nigeria, Algeria, Africa, India, the United Kingdom, Republic of Sierra Leone, Thailand, and Kuala Lumpur, and Malaysia. Michael is a member of Poets & Writers, Inc and Directory of American Poets and Fictions Writers. He has published 145 poems in 2007 to date. He is also the author of: The Lost American: From Exile to Freedom. Michael is now the publisher and editor of Poetic Legacy, to be found at Poetric Legacy, and Birds By My Window: Willow Tree Poems, to be found at, Birds by My Window. You can visit Michael's website at: Poetry Man.

No comments: